As you know by now, I'm a huge music fan. I don't have a particular genre that I like more that the rest, but I lean more towards hip hop in most instances. I'm normally listening to music on my headphones, which doesn't always give the best sounds and aren't very good for listening with others. I have tried bluetooth speakers and they work great, but what if you wanted a bluetooth speaker that not only works great but looks awesome as well? Enter Vintage Sounds.
Just look at it! Tell me that's not the coolest speaker you've ever seen? Yes, it's functional and it's loud! The units are constructed out of vintage suitcases, lunch boxes and even guitar cases. The best part is they're made right here in Memphis!
- Well the most obvious good are the looks! The unit that I reviewed looked amazing! I took it out around town with me on a photoshoot and everyone wanted to know what it was and how it worked. It's definitely a conversation piece.
- The sound is amazing! Beep bass and clear highs.
- Having both Bluetooth and Auxiliary inputs. The speaker lasted about 9 hours before needing a charge and it didn't take it very long to recharge.
- Did I mention how good it looks?
- The bluetooth range isn't the best. I could only go about 5-10 feet away from the unit. It could totally have been my phone or possible a different Bluetooth version being used.
- The sound would cut out if the volume was turned up too high. While this is probably a good thing for my ears, my heart says crank it up! It still was plenty loud to have my neighbor beat on my wall, so I guess that's loud enough.
Overall, I would definitely recommend taking a look at Vintage Sounds if you're looking for something truly unique. This boombox is more than just a boombox, its also a work of art. The looks alone make it worth the purchase. If you're wondering the price, the custom boxes start out around $250. I think this box is totally worth the asking price. There's a lot going on inside this unit and it's the attention to detail that set this apart from the rest. You can check out Vintage Sounds on IG and Facebook at @_vintagesounds_ or clicking HERE. You can also give creator Nic Hendrick a call at 901-218-3150 for custom orders.
Life is for Living,